IC-PW2 linear amplifier
- The new linear amplifier IC-PW2 has an output power of 1 kW on HF-/ 50 MHz bands.
- The 2 x 6 automatic antenna selector supports the simultaneous single-band operation of 2 radios (SO2R)
or the operation of 1 radio in dual-band mode.
- The industry-first Digital Pre-Distortion (DPD) function is able to correct signal distortion in combination with an IC-7610.
- Built-in automatic antenna tuner.
- Full Power and Full Duty Cycle Operation The IC-PW2 uses new 65 V LDMOS power transistors and a high-efficiency power supply. A 1 kW output at full duty cycle can be achieved with 200 V AC input*. It can be operated at full power as soon as power is turned ON. (* 180–264 V AC required) Detachable Controller with Color Display A remote control cable enables the amplifier to be mounted away from the radios for a big station installation, in a small shack space. The 4.3-inch color screen is a touch screen with a graphical user interface. Connected antennas are graphically shown on the display for easy recognition. Increased Linearity & Clean Transmission The IC-PW2 has succeeded in realizing the world’s first DPD as a linear amplifier for amateur radio in combination with the IC-7610. This technology corrects the signal distortion from the IC-PW2, by applying inverse distortion to the output signal from the IC-7610 exciter in advance*. * Not applied for non-linear modulation such as FM, FSK, and MSK modes. LDMOS Antenna select screen example PA unit Iç-PW2 CF 14.101 MHz1.0 kHz/Span 10.0 kHz CF 14.101 MHz1.0 kHz/Span 10.0 kHz ■
Please find more information in the brochure or in the promotion video below.
2 × 6 Automatic Antenna Selector Each antenna can be independently switched when making a band change on either transceiver. You can operate it as if you had two linear amplifiers. Moreover, Single Operator Two Radios (SO2R) operation in a contest can be realized with one IC-PW2. While you are making a call on one radio, you can watch another band on the other radio. Rx In/Out Connectors for Multi-band BPF User-supplied bandpass filters (BPF), preamps and attenuators can be connected to the [Rx In/Out] connectors. When two radios are used with the IC-PW2, one multi-band BPF can be shared with these radios by switching the receiving radio. In addition, the band switching of multi-band BPF can be controlled from the band data output connector. The [BAND 1], and [BAND 2] data output connectors can each be set to either INPUT 1, INPUT 2, transmitter side, or receiver side. They can be linked with band switching of various external devices. Other Features • High-efficiency and low noise cooling system • Various error detection circuits protect internal components • With current Icom radios, various settings are easy, and you can get the full performance of the IC-PW2 • A LAN port for remote control operation from a PC* • An SD card slot on the front panel for firmware updates, and so on • Built-in Automatic Antenna Tuner • Effortless operation, even when connected to non-Icom radios • Remote AUX jack for controlling an automatic telescopic antenna • Antenna quick select function temporarily set to the preset antenna connector such as for using a multi-band antenna or a dummy load • The Transmitter Lockout function prevents simultaneous transmission of two radios during the SO2R operation. *Software is in the planning stage.
2 Frequency coverage1.8, 3.5, 7, 10, 14, 18, 21, 24, 28, 50 MHz amateur bands Output power 1 kW (180–264 V AC), 500 W (90–132 V AC) Driving power Max. 100 W (Icom 100 W HF transceivers) Power supply requirement90–132 V AC (50/60 Hz), 180–264 V AC (50/60 Hz) Spurious emissions less than –60/–70 dB (HF bands/50 MHz) Input impedance50 Ω Matching impedance range16.7–150.0 Ω Tuning accuracyVSWR 1.5 : 1 or less Usable temperature range–10°C to +40°C, +14°F to +104°F Dimensions (Projections not included) 425 (W) × 149 (H) × 445 (D) mm, 16.7 × 5.9 × 17.5 in Weight (approximate)21 kg, 46.3 lb All stated specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation. 2