RS-BA1 IP Remote Control Software
RC-28 IP Remote Control System (Discontinued)
The RC-28 IP Remote Control System, allows Radio Amateurs to remotely operate selected Icom amateur transceivers. The software comes complete with remote control USB encoder and will work with the IC-7100, IC-7200, IC-7300, IC-7410, and IC-9100 with a USB cable, and with the IC-756PROIII, IC-7000, IC-7400, IC-7610, IC-7700, IC-7800, IC-7850 and IC-7851 with a RS-232C cable.
MAJOR SELLING POINTS
• The RC-28 IP Remote Control System allows you to use the radio installed in another room using your home network or even from a remote location over the Internet.
• Low voice latency (caused by the RS-BA1) provides the same operational experience as using an actual radio.
• The remote control USB encoder provides control of this system. It utilises the same tuning knob and encoder used on Icom HF radios, providing a tactile option for the RS-BA1 software. Includes a sturdy PTT and two user-programmable function keys.
Advanced Remote Control Interface Tailored to Icom Transceivers
• Most functions and modes of your transceiver, including interference rejection functions and IF filter settings, can be controlled. Also, S-meter and SWR can be observed.
• Rx Voice recording function.
The RS-BA1 software itself consists of two component software applications; System configuration software and remote control software. The system configuration software sets up IP address, audio sampling rate and other settings. The remote control software provides a user interface, similar to the radio’s front panel, and allows you to control the radio from a remote location.
Connection with the IC-7100, IC-7300, IC-7410, IC-7200 or IC-9100
The IC-7100, IC-7300, IC-7410, IC-7200 or IC-9100 can be connected to a PC with a USB cable and the input/output audio signal and CI-V command is sent through the USB cable.
Connection with the IC-7610, IC-7700, IC-7800, IC-7850 & IC-7851
The IC-7851, IC-7850, IC-7800, IC-7700 or IC-7610 can be connected to a PC with a RS-232C cable plus S/P DIF or ACC cable.*
Connection with the IC-756PROIII, IC-7400 or IC-7000
The IC-756PROIII, IC-7400 or IC-7000 can be connected to a PC with an audio cable and RS-232C cable through CT-17 CI-V level converter.*
*RS-BA1 operation with the Base station’s PC connected to the radio’s ACC socket, MIC connector, or S/P DIF jack for audio communication cannot be guaranteed. Depending on your radio, a few functions or modes cannot be used, or you need to update the radio’s firmware to operate the CW keyer, using the RS-BA1.
• Remote Control USB Encoder
• CD (including the RS-BA1 instruction manual, the RS-BA1 installer, the USB driver and the USB driver installation guide)
• USB cable (A-B type)
• Installation guides